The Village is served by the Metra Union Pacific Northwest Line (UP-NW). The line makes stops from Chicago (Ogilvie Transportation Center) to Harvard.
The station does not have a ticket counter, so tickets must be purchased online (10-ride/monthly only), at an alternative station, or on the train (one-way only).
Click here for the Fox River Grove train schedule.
Taking the Metra Downtown
- A typical train from Fox River Grove to downtown Chicago takes about an hour. The train arrives at the Ogilvie Transportation Center, located at 500 W. Madison St.
- For rates and schedules, please go to www.metrarail.com.
- There are two commuter parking lots available for both residents and nonresidents, located on the east and west sides of Lincoln Avenue. (317 spots available) The lot closest to the station fills up fairly quickly during the weekday, but the far lot has additional spots.
- The daily parking fee is $2.00 on a first come, first serve basis. Yellow cash-only pay boxes are located in each lot.
- The Village offers unlimited monthly parking at the Fox River Grove Pre-Pay parking lot on Opatrny Avenue. Cost for program is $40/month. Pre-Pay Parking Program
- The Village offers a way to pay for parking using your smartphone. No more cash or quarters. With Passport’s mobile app, you can park, pay, and be on your way. Handle your entire parking session through the app: start your session, check your history, and even print reports.
Get started today:
- Download PassportParking through the App Store or Google Play or visit the Passport payment website here.
- Park where you see PassportParking signage
- Enter the parking lot information and pay by phone
If you do not have a smartphone, but still want to pay by phone, you can also call 847-380-4332 for a dedicated number to pay for parking rather than using the Passport application.
Metra Riding Tips
- Riders may purchase tickets on a smartphone through the Ventra app. Riders can download the app, then purchase mobile tickets that can be shown to the conductor at any time. The app also gives riders quick access to an integrated trip-planning tool across the Chicago area on Metra, the CTA or Pace.
- Children/student and senior rates are available.
- Certain train cars allow riders to bring bikes