The Administration coordinates the development and implementation of Village Board policies, maintains records, manages the front office, and provides friendly service to residents and customers. The Administration also provides professional management of the Village's financial resources by maintaining financial records, preparing reports, and working with consultants to identify, and develop fiscal strategies, policies, and practices.
Administer all ordinances and policies of the Village, attend Village meetings, coordinate agenda preparation, research issues and prepare studies, coordinate work of consultants, confer on proposed policies and strategic initiatives, and provide training opportunities and reference materials for boards and committees.
- Oversee daily operations of Clerk's Office, Building, and Public Works.
- Confer with Police Chief on public safety issues.
- Assist Department Heads in setting and achieving operational goals.
- Coordinate all personnel functions including hiring, employee discipline, employee evaluation, evaluations of employee salaries and benefits.
Answer public inquiries, prepare newsletter articles and press releases, participate in community organizations and events and update the Village's website.
- Prepare annual budget, oversees financial condition and long-range capital program, recommend policies, solicit grants and guide financial consultants.
- Prepare annual five year financial forecast of revenues and expenses.
- Develop and implement programs to retain and attract businesses.
- Coordinate public and private development projects.
- Administer the Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District.
- Work with the Village Board to develop economic development strategies.
- Administer Facade Grant Program.
Oversee the Village's liability and workers compensation insurance program.
Represent Village at intergovernmental meetings, and participate in monthly meetings with other local government administrators.
Coordinate ADA accessibility at Village facilities. Contact the Village Hall with any questions 847-639-3170.
Foreclosure Notices and Orders
Retain records at Village Hall - 305 Illinois Street.
- Maintain and update the Code of Ordinances (print & website)
- Maintain water & sewer databases
- Manage Village website
- Administer oath of office, custody of documents and seal, serve as Local Election Official.