Facade Grant Program
The Façade Grant Program was launched in 2013 as a way to incentivize Fox River Grove businesses to make improvements to the exterior of their building and surrounding area. This cost sharing façade improvement program can contribute substantial funds towards the cost of such improvements. If you or someone else you know might be interested in taking advantage of this opportunity, please contact Stephen Bechler, Assistant Village Administrator at 847-639-3170.
Below is a summary of the parameters for program participation.
- Getting Started: If you think you might be interested in participating, but don’t know where to start, contact the Village today. Although the formal grant request must include renderings or architectural drawings, you may request funding assistance for the cost of the first rendering—up to $1,000.
- Submit Grant Request: The grant request must include renderings or architectural drawings, the scope of work to be covered, and a summary of all planned expenses related to the project. An architect’s estimate of cost is sufficient for the initial grant request. However, two estimates for the cost of construction (all labor and materials) for the renovation are required for final plan approval.
- Eligible Areas: Exterior area facing public road or area that includes main entrance to building.
- Cost Sharing: Project cost to be split 50/50 between property owner and the Village.
- Payment: Property owner will be reimbursed after the project is satisfactorily completed.
- Funding Limits: The Village will contribute a minimum of $1,000 and a maximum of $50,000 per project.
- Reimbursable Expenses: Windows/window trim, exterior doors, awnings, exterior lighting, signs/sign lighting, painting/siding, masonry work, tuck-pointing and shutters. Other site improvements (e.g. landscaping, parking lot) may also be eligible if undertaken as part of a comprehensive façade improvement project when visible from a street.
- Grant Agreement: The conditions of each grant are specified in an agreement between the business/individual and the Village of Fox River Grove. Conditions included in the agreement may include, but are not limited to: Village requirements, completion deadlines, payment formulas, the scope of work, renderings/drawings, etc.